7 September 2012

Updates

I'm back! It's been far too long since I last blogged. Spent my summer interning for the wonderful people at Make Happy, a creative communications agency. Then spent about a month moving myself and various family members around. In love with the view from my new flat - pics on their way.
In the meantime, thought I'd share some photos from my recent trip to Stockholm. First time there and loved it. Great coffee, inspiring design, cool people, beautiful scenery, oh and crippling prices. Since it rained A LOT, I took shelter in a couple museums, which were so worthwhile.

Here's a photo of Stockholm from the top floor of Fotografiska - a lovely, spacious photography gallery in Södermalm (my favourite island there).


And this is the cafe' on the top floor of the gallery. Lovely just sipping unlimited refills of coffee, munching on a kanelbulle and taking in the view of from the giant windows.


"For me, working with photographic image is a way of life. When I think back and look carefully at my pictures, they are all, in their special way, nothing but self-portraits, a part of my life" - Christer Strömholm, 1983

"For me, living is the same thing as dying and loving is the same thing as losing and this does not make me a madman: it makes me better at living, better at loving and better at seeing" - Sally Mann


Grass is "the eternal life of the dead" - Walt Whitman

"Photography is writing with light" - Abbas

No comments: